Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CHARLOTTE TILBURY EYES TO MESMERISE LONG-LASTING EASY COLOUR IN MONA LISA, MARIE ANTOINETTE & NORMA JEAN

Charlotte Tilbury on her new Eyes to Mesmerise range:
"Through years of experimenting with different shades to off-set certain eye colours, textures, pearls and finishes I have discovered a way to ensure your eyes always look their most effervescent, sparkling, alert and alluring.  I’ve taken all of this know-how and poured them into 6 molten metallic cream Eyes To Mesmerize pots."
Packaging
The Eyes to Mesmerise Long-Lasting Easy Colours are housed in frosted glass jars with a plastic cap.  Below is the size of the jar with respect to my hand.
The jars are smaller in diameter, but slightly taller compared to the Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes jars (see also product weight comparison below).
Below left is the Tom Ford jar and Charlotte Tilbury's on the right.
Size
Each pot contains 7ml / 0.24 fl. oz. of product compared to Tom Ford's 6g / 0.21 fl. oz.

Made in Italy.

Formula, Application & Longevity
"With a unique water-infused formula they are super hydrating for an easy-blend, easy to apply finish, set and then do not smudge or smear down your face until you’re ready to take it off.  Like all my products, they also do good for you as you wear them – this formula is enriched with apricot oil for smoother eyelids in the long run." 
~ Charlotte Tilbury
The formula also has added vitamin E to soothe and hydrate the eye area and to help give a seamless and smooth application.  I do find its consistency to be very similar to Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes, but perhaps Charlotte Tilbury's is ever so slightly more whipped and creamy.  It does indeed go on the eyes smoothly and melds with the skin really well.  It blends and sits naturally on the skin - making it fool-proof for any one to use whether it be with a clean finger or an eye brush.  I did find that it takes quite a while for the product to set so there's plenty of time to play around with it and blend, but really you don't need much effort or time to do so.

I wore these cream eye shadows for 6-7 hours and didn't notice any fading or transfer by the end of it, so it certainly lives up to the brand's claim (at least for the period I wore them for).  However, I did notice that it tended to crease (or settle into the crease of my eye lids) a bit.  This surprised me, because I don't usually experience any creasing with most of the eye shadows I've used in the past (including Tom Ford's Cream Colors, etc).  I wonder if it has something to do with the added oil and moisturising properties of the product making it more emollient and settle into the crease?  For reference, I have normal skin condition (neither oily or dry) on my eye area and I don't usually have to use an eye primer (only the left-over, thinnest layer of my foundation, or concealer to even out the skin tone).  To help minimise if not prevent creasing, I recommend to apply it on clean, bare eye area (so there's less product overall that's likely to settle into the crease), or using an eye primer.  Nonetheless, I will say, that my eye lids do feel more moisturised throughout product wear, so particularly great if you have dry skin around the eye area!

Pigmentation, Colours & Finishes
There are six shades available and each represent a "strong, empowered woman of legend, who has not only inspired Charlotte Tilbury in her work, but also intoxicated the world".  Below are the three I purchased from the range up close.  Like the Tom Ford Cream Colors, I found all of these to have excellent pigmentation and a little goes a long way.
"A wisteria-chocolate bronze that recreates the soft-focussed smokey stare of da Vinci’s leading lady with that unbreakable a gaze."  This rich, plum-infused, chocolate bronze imparts a lovely sheen finish to it and it's not metallic like the other two below, so it's perfect for applying in the crease and outer corners of the eyes for definition and depth for day or night.
"An antique oyster gold hue inspired by the hypnotising beauty of the infamous Queen of France." Marie Antoinette has a metallic finish.
"A gorgeous, sparkling-pink champagne inspired by the iconic beauty Marilyn Monroe." Norma Jean also has a metallic finish.

Swatches
Here are the swatches applied without a primer on medium, olive skin tone (~NC30).  They're photographed indoors using a strobe.
Comparison Swatches
 Below are swatches photographed in low light (without strobe) to capture the shimmers.
Overall
Love the pigmentation, colours, finishes, ease of use, blendability and longevity of this new product.  I can definitely very easily achieve a smokey eye look with at least just a couple of the shades with a clean finger in just a minute!  This is what Charlotte Tilbury intended and definitely achieved in this regard.  My only gripe is the tendency for the product to crease, which hardly happens to me!  Being lazy and having minimal time, I prefer not to ever have to apply an eye primer as another step to my daily routine.  Still...I may just have to so I can enjoy the way these look on the eyes.  The three shades I chose in particular are all universally flattering!  Mona Lisa is my favourite as I don't have a cream eye colour like it in my personal collection.  The other two are probably more dupable and you may have something similar to them that don't crease.

Availability
I purchased mine from Net-A-Porter.com.  Also available now from CharlotteTilbury.com and Selfridges.com


Hope this was helpful.


Thanks for looking! ^_^ xo



What do you think of these new CT products?  Did you experience the same creasing as I did?







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar