Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How I dye my dyed brown hair lighter or darker



I have done a lot of reviews with before and after pics of me using lighter or darker brown the change my dark brown hair, and an overview of all my favorite shades, but I never wrote an article on how I actually do it.

So let me give you some tips on how to lighten or darken your dyed brown hair.

1. You can lighten dyed brown hair

With the right ashy shades, you can lighten dyed brown hair, I've done it plenty of times. The secret is to pick a shade that is light enough to lift your current color. For that you need to check the chart on the back of the back. Also, always go for a shade with the name ashy in the name, because lightening brown hair may reveal underlying brassy undertones, since they lighten last. To see which shades I prefer, check my article on 'Final pick: best shades to lighten/darken dyed brown hair'

2. Stay away from the roots

Whether you are going lighter are darker, dye develops faster near the roots. You could end up with hot roots or charcoal roots. Only apply your dye to the lengths, 4 cm from the roots, and blend using a comb. In the final 5-10 minutes of the suggested processing time, apply it to the roots as well blending in again using a comb.

3. Use some regular shampoo to rinse out hair dye

L'Oreal dyes now comes with a bottle of shampoo to rinse the hair after dying, but you could also use your own shampoo to rinse out remains. This will make the result more fresh looking, with less buildup.

4. Use toning shampoo

Lightening can turn your hair brassy. Brown dyes contain a lot of red hues and when you go lighter, they can be the last one to remain in the spectrum, making your hair look brassier. I like to use certain blue toning product like Fanola No Orange Shampoo and L'Oreal A-OX Color Corrector Cream for brunettes. The first one is a blue shampoo that you leave in for a couple minutes and rinse out. The second one is a mask and also has some beigey undertones which is great to not look too charcoaly or cold afterwards, but still ashy in a beigey way. This mask is not too heavy, and leaves hair shiney and lustrous. I don't recommand using blue conditioners, they can be quite heavy, like the one by Fanola. I also not recommend Joico. There is also green shampoo now but the only one I can get my hands on is the Dark Envy one by Matrix and apparantly it's very darkening aside from toning, so it's only suitable if your hair is dyed way too light and you want to go back to an ashy dark brown.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar