Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Heart Lancome Rouge In Love Lipstick in 'Miss Coquelicot' (146B)

A little while ago, I picked up the Lancome Rouge In Love lipstick in 'Miss Coquelicot' (#146B).  (You can also have a look at my previous detailed review on four other shades in this range HERE, if you're interested).  Pronounced 'co-click-oh', it means 'poppy' en français.  I love this French word.  It's utterly euphonious, don't you think? ^_^  Not only do I love this lipstick's name, I love the shade and formulation even more.  I don't know why I didn't get it the first time.  Nonetheless, I'm very glad I went back for it.  The colour is absolutely gorgeous!  It is a beautiful coral orange/tangerine that's very wearable and you can easily build it for a brighter effect and real pop to the lips without being overly bright.  Swatching is not enough.  You must try it on!!  You'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.  It's extremely flattering on my olive tan skin tone and would look just as stunning on fairer skin tones.  Apparently, this is the shade that the young and pretty Emma Watson wears in the Rouge In Love lipstick ad campaign (see her interview at the lipstick launch in Selfridges, London on video).
Up close, Lancome's Rouge in Love lipstick in 'Miss Coquelicot' (146B) - isn't she pretty? *sigh*
Swatches
On olive tan skin.
L - R: Nars 'Heat Wave' - more of a deep orange red and has a satin finish, and Lancome 'Miss Coquelicot' (146B) - a light to medium coral orange that's glossy and sheerer in comparison, but is definitely buildable.
Take two (L - R): Nars 'Heat Wave' and Lancome 'Miss Coquelicot' (146B).
You can see the sheen in the finish of 'Coquelicot' that makes it very flattering on the lips.

Overall
All I can say is that I'm absolutely in luurve with this lipstick and have been wearing it a lot lately!  It's become one of my faves for sure.  I love everything about it, from the name, the shade, the finish, the packaging to the lightweight, non-drying, long-wearing formulation.  G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S.  If you're frightened/unsure of wearing orange hues, don't be - it's much more wearable and actually, flattering across a lot of skin tones than you think!  (Not to mention it is the colour of the year according to Pantone).  The coral hue makes it even more wearable and adds that extra something special. ^_^ *sigh*

If you're interested, you can read more about the other details of this lipstick range such as the packaging, price, amount of product and formulation in my previous post HERE (it also has swatches of the other four shades I picked up). :)


Hope this helps!

Thanks for reading. xo ^_^


You might also like...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar