Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Yves Saint Laurent | Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

YSL - Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in 'B40' - £28

I tried so hard not to fall in love with this product. I did, honestly. When i first heard of the YSL's Touche Eclat foundation I knew I had to try it. And here I am a week or two later with a rather luxurious bottle sat on my dressing room shelf and £25 lighter (i got mine when there was a price match offer on at John Lewis). I didn't just jump straight in - I went to get myself matched for a sample to try before I committed myself to buying into a high-end product that I might not have even liked. Foundation is just one of those things that I have such a love/hate relationship with - it takes a lot for me to find one that ticks all the boxes, there's always something I don't like, and up until now I don't think I've ever really found my perfect match. But I can't think of a single thing I don't like about this foundation. A very strong statement I'm sure you'll all agree but I found myself getting towards the end of my sample bottle and feeling rather uneasy about having to live without it...

Firstly, I would say it's a light to medium coverage, but it is one that is very buildable and blendable.  Claiming to be a 'soft focused gel' - it blurs any imperfections you have and smooths away any problem areas with ease. The consistency is lovely and luxurious - it's very creamy and smooth, and I can easily cover my whole face with just one pump. It also smells lovely - one thing that instantly puts me off foundations is that false, plasticy smell that a lot of them have (anything that smells like this does not go on my face) - if you ever tried Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' foundation then I'd liken it to the scent of that. It smells very fresh and light, it lets your skin breathe and I haven't had any breakouts whatsoever since using this foundation. Usually I know within a week if something doesn't agree with my sensitive skin, but Touche Eclat has been perfectly fine. My skin looks so unbelievably smooth when I apply this - it even manages to cover any dark circles. This foundation is all about attracting light to your face and making you appear more 'radiant' - it does this exceptionally well, and doesn't make you look shiny or greasy in the slightest. It's just the perfect finish for me and it feels as if you're wearing nothing at all.

With light-medium coverage foundations I often find you compromise on the wear time. I'm not going to say it beats a heavier coverage foundation, but it lasts me through an 8 hour shift or a 9-5 at uni with ease, with only the need to top up under my eyes and maybe slightly around my chin at a push. I always use a primer and powder with my foundations anyway, but the coverage pretty much stays the same all day. Of course, the bottle is amazing, and as always with YSL the packaging ticks all the boxes for a high-end brand. The bottle is weighty, it's good quality and it looks very luxurious - i'm a massive fan of the gold accents to all their products. There is not a single thing I could fault and I could sit here and rave all day about this foundation to you all... but fear not, I shall end this rather lengthy review here. If you're a heavy, matte coverage girl, this won't be for you - but if like me, you prefer something lighter but buildable, then I really recommend it.


Have you tried YSL's Touche Eclat foundation? Did you like it as much as me?
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar