Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How straight is it? Eva NYC "Max Heat Titanium Styling Iron"




Talk about a hidden gem.  I was sent a "Max Heat Titanium Styling Iron" to try out and share with all of you Trenders.  Now, to be honest I did not have high hopes for it or think that it could out perform my Chi.  First off I had never even heard about this styling iron.  Non of my girlfriends owned it and upon googling it, there just wasn't much out there from the consumers.  So I figured at least let me give it a try and let my Trenders know if this is something worth having.

A little about the iron, this has high grade titanium plates.  Dual voltage 110/240v for those who travel. It has an adjustable dial for heat settings between 140-450 F and an on/off switch that are located between the barrels so theres no accidental on/off or heat setting changes.  This retail on the Eva NYC web sight for $110.00 + S&H click here for more info.  Eva NYC products also can be found in stores at Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond , Free People, Urban Outfitters  and Ulta.  Online this can be found at Walgreens Pharmacy, Kohl's, Ulta, HSN, Bed Bath & Beyond, Asos, Nordstrom, Free People, Nasty Gal, Urban Outfitters and Drugstore.com.  I did do some homework for my Trenders and found that the cheapest place to purchase this is on the HSN web sigh.  This exact flat iron retails for $60.00 + S&H click here for that amazing price.





So how did I get this amazing look?  To prepare my hair for the heat and just for an all together healthy look I deep conditioned my hair with "Therapy Session Hair Mask" by Eva NYC for a full review click here and used my favorite heat styling protectors by Tresemme on my hair that I always use and have had much luck with.  I sprayed Tresemme "Keratin Smooth Flat Iron Smoothing Spray" followed up with the Tresemme "Keratin Smooth Smoothing Creme Serum" on my damp hair.  After brushing that thru I lightly blew out my curls with the hair dryer to make it easier on me tackle all those curls in a timely manner.  Then I used the Tresemme "Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Smoothing Serum" all over my hair and began my long journey to straight hair.

I am not going to sugar coat it, my hair is extremely curly and has some length to it.  Straightening my hair feels like and pretty much comes out to be an all day process.  One that I never look forward to.  It takes me anywhere between four to six hours.  I will add that I am watching television to help take the edge off LOL.  That may be the reason for the length of time.  In all it's still a long process.  So with NetFlicks queued up and my "Max Heat Titanium Styling Iron" set to around 425 F  I began my journey.  

I can assure you from the start it had already surprised me at how great this relationship was going to be between me and the flat iron.  My hair glided between the titanium plates!  There was no pulling or drag, just glide.  There was smoke, but that was the product burning off nothing new there.  But my  hair, so shinny and straight after two run throughs with the flat iron.  My ends were straight, not dead looking but healthy looking.  I could not get over how amazing this was performing. I had done nothing different to how I straightened my hair only the flat iron and the outcome was so different.  It took less time and looked amazing.  






To maintain my hair through out the week and to help keep the luster look I used several products.  I slicked some of those flyways with the Eva NYC "Hungry Hair Oil Treatment" for a full review click here.  I also freshened my hair with the Eva NYC "Freshen Up Dry Shampoo" now this I had higher expectations for.  This did not perform as well as I would have liked it to.  This was not all bad, at the same time it was not all good.  

Pros: this had that Eva NYC what I call baby doll scent to it.  This sprayed CLEAR!  I have black hair and I can't express enough how much I despise dry shampoos that spray white.  At the end I always find that they leave a grey cast to my hair now matter how long and well I work them in.  This was clear so I did not have to spend time making sure it was all worked in.  I was able to spray and play.  I found that this did not leave any residue behind.  You know what I'm talking about when the powder left behind by some dry shampoos mixes with the oils from the scalp.  Or how the powder will adhere to the hair.

Cons: This worked well freshening my hair the first three days but after that I had to bring out the big guns.  I found that the "Freshen Up Dry Shampoo" just was not absorbing the oils well.  It was performing more like a touch up, adding a slight fragrance.  Some dry shampoos add volume, this did not do that for me, I have a feeling that was because it was not absorbing the oils.  Like I said this was ok not great.

This flat iron is something I will continue to use.  I have already given away my Chi.  This took it's place.  I knew the difference on how great it performed not only from how great it looked but also when I washed it.  I know that may sound odd, but let me explain.  When I wash my hair immediately as the water hits it, gives off a burnt hair smell from all the heat I used to get it straight.  This time, nothing!  No burnt hair smell.    It did not suck up my shampoo (I usually have to run shampoo through my hair twice, the first application does not lather well).  My hair acted as if it was not straightened at all.  My hair did not need any extra care to help it bounce back from all the heat.  It was extremely refreshing to know that there was no after care needed for my hair.

Would I recommend this?  As far as the "Max Heat Titanium Styling Iron" yes! I have already started telling my friends how well this performed for me.  If this ever breaks, I will surely buy another.  If one of my girlfriends get their sticky fingers on it, I will hunt them down LOL.  I love this and I'm extremely thankful I was given the opportunity to try this.  If it would not have been sent to me I would have never had the chance to discover this amazing iron.  It is that good.  When it comes to the "Freshen Up Dry Shampoo" sadly no, there's others out there that do a better job freshening up the hair.

A special thank you to Eva NYC for giving me the opportunity to try out and review their products. For the past month I have been playing with all the goodies sent to me.  It has truly been a blast! 

A special note to my readers:  I was sent this product to review.  In no way shape or form has any of my opinions been swayed to say one thing or another.  This is "Amber's Trendy Thoughts" we all know I have no filter and have nothing but the truth to say.  Everything stated is and always will be my honest opinion.  Simply stated, this is a blog entry of MY EXPERIENCE with Eva NYC hair products. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar